Car Hire Norwood
Whenever you hire a car, you’ll get a choice of different classes of vehicle. These classes can vary from company to company but generally the smaller and more basic the hire car, the less expensive it will be to hire. You’ll usually have a choice of the following classes of hire car:
- Mini – this will usually be a two-door hire car with a small engine. It would be a squeeze to fit in four people and their luggage.
- Economy – this is usually a four door hire car which will fit four people and their luggage but is unlikely to have extras such as air conditioning and sat nav
- Standard – a standard class hire car will usually fit four people and their luggage comfortably, and will tend to have air conditioning
- Full size – this will normally be a people carrier, so may be able to carry up to seven people
- Prestige – a more luxury model hire car, such as a sports car or large four-wheel-drive model.
It’s always worth asking if upgrades are available when you pick up your hire car, as sometimes there will be deals available, particularly at quiet times, so you may be able to get a better hire car at the same price.
However, don’t always assume that cars at the lower end of the range are cheaper to hire. Sometimes an estate car or people carrier can work out cheaper than a smaller model, especially if there is limited demand in the place where you’re hiring the car.